How to add an observation
Click the add button in the top right corner of the map.
- An “Add Entry” box will pop up.
- In the location tab, give your entry a name. If you are going to make multiple entries consider including your name in the entry name so that you can easily search for your entries later.
- To enter your location on the map you have three choices.
Enter the address information in the boxes: this will work fine for a residential address, but not so well for rural areas or large acreages.
Click on the “Select a Location” text, click “OK” in the text box that pops up, then click on the map at the spot where your observation was made. (You can minimize the text box by dragging on the red corner in the bottom right with your mouse.) You can zoom into the map by dragging the slider on the left side of the map up or down.
Enter the GPS coordinates from your phone or gps unit into the latitude and longitude boxes.
4. Specify a marker color.
5. In the details tab: Enter a description of your entry, including information such as plant types, weather, or anything else you think might be important. Enter you e-mail address or phone if you want us to able to contact you if we have questions. Enter in the date.
6. To add a photo: Use the media tab to upload a picture from your computer or a link to website with your photo. You can even upload audio and/audio if you have it.
7. Click “Preview” to see how your entry will look.
8. Click “Submit” or “Reset”.
9. Click close.